Nomination & Elections
CAAHEP seeks recent graduate to serve as a Commissioner and on the Board of Directors. Read more.
CAAHEP seeks leaders to serve on the CAAHEP Board of Directors. There are three 3-year positions available:
- One representative from Sponsoring Organizations (there is an eligible incumbent)
- One representative from a Committee on Accreditation (there is an eligible incumbent)
- One representative from the Association of Schools of Allied Health Professions
To nominate yourself or someone else, please download, complete and return the Nomination Materials to Kathleen Megivern by March 17, 2017.
William W. Goding Award for Exceptional Service
The William W. Goding Award for Exceptional Service is the highest honor awarded by CAAHEP. It is reserved for those who are or have been Commissioners. It recognizes an individual who has served the Commission in word and deed, i.e., has spoken with conviction about the work of the Commission, advanced its purposes, and actively participated in the Commission’s activities at a high level for a sustained period of time. The recipient is someone who is respected by other Commissioners, but is not currently a Board member.
The criteria for the award are as follows:
- Advancing CAAHEP’s mission and goals
- Assuming leadership responsibilities within CAAHEP (e.g., chairing committees and task forces, serving as an officer, assuming responsibility for CAAHEP special programs, etc.)
- Exhibiting notable participation in one or more CAAHEP activities and/or programs
- Advancing ideas and/or new strategies to benefit the organization
Nomination: Any Commissioner may nominate someone to be considered for this award. Written nominations must address each of the criteria, and letters of recommendation may be included but are not required. Nominations can be mailed, faxed, or emailed to:
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
Attn: William W. Goding Award for Exceptional Service Committee
25400 US Highway 19 N, Suite 158, Clearwater, FL 33763
Fax: 727-210-2354 / email: email@example.com
Nominations are due March 3, 2017.
Selection: The President and three of the longest-serving members of the Board of Directors serve as the Award Selection Committee. The Committee reviews nominations and selects no more than two to be submitted to the full Board of Directors on a ballot. Each member of the Board has one vote and the nominee receiving the majority of votes receives the award.
Award Presentation: The William W. Goding Exceptional Service Award is presented at CAAHEP’s Annual Meeting. The recipient is invited to attend the Annual Meeting as CAAHEP’s guest.